Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Wat Weer!"--A Dutch Weather Cartoon

This is a Dutch weather cartoon that our teacher handed out in class one day.  The weather hasn't been quite this bad, but I must admit that the times when the sun has appeared have been more of a welcome surprise than a constant condition.


What a storm, what weather!

Look at that, it's the sun!

Is that hail?

At least it's dry now!

Although . . .

I can't see a thing.

I might as well just look at the wall.


Finally, summer!


I will say, though, that there is nothing like a torrential downpour to remind you that you are essentially living on the bottom of the ocean and nothing but a little bit of Dutch ingenuity stands between you and and a pretty convincing Jonah impersonation.

Actually, though, in my devotions the other day I read this, and I figure that I ought to design some kind of Dutch-themed embroidery project around it:

"He turned the sea into dry land; 
they went through the flood on foot; 
there did we rejoice in Him."
Psalm 66:6


No comments:

Post a Comment