Friday, August 5, 2011

Rijnhaven

Every morning I take the metro from the Rijnhaven metro stop.  Rijnhaven, though, is actually a port on the Maas (or Meuse) River, not on the Rijn River.  This is the view that I see every morning while I wait for the D-lijn metro train.  It is kind of pretty.  The slogan on the construction sign says "Living, working, and shopping with a worldview."

(Actually, "winkelen" means any kind of shopping except grocery shopping.  Apparently, Dutch has a separate word specifically for grocery shopping but it doesn't start with a "w" so it lacks alliteration.  "To do the grocery shopping" is "boodschappen doen.")










(Also, if anyone knows how to turn off the little time display thingy on the pictures, I would be delighted to find out.  I don't know how I got it on there and now I can't get it off.)

(Also, if you click on any of these pictures, you can get a much larger version.)

No comments:

Post a Comment