Friday, February 3, 2012

Back to Rotterdam

I flew back to Rotterdam on Christmas night.  I was a little worried about the night tram--the Prague public transport system was scheduled a little oddly over the weekend and I had already ended up in different places than I had intended a few times as a result of the fact that the trams' schedule had changed without warning (or at least without a warning in English).  Since I figured that I didn't want to get stuck in some back corner of Prague while missing my plane, I took a fairly early bus to the airport.  The down side of this was that it meant that I got to spend three hours at the airport on a Sunday Christmas evening.  That is not the most enchanting way to spend a Christmas evening.  Even with Christmas lights, it wasn't that fun.



 


On the bus ride, I ended up sitting behind four teenagers who spent the entire bus ride smooching in the most revolting fashion and (it appeared) critiquing one another's performances.

At the airport, nothing was open, of course, seeing as it was both a holiday and the weekend.  But I did get a "long decoffee with milk".  Well, actually, I got a cappuccino with caffeine, seeing as I knew I had a long night ahead of me but I thought that the other translation was funnier.

I had an awfully fun time in Prague.  Apparently, there are a few scams which are popular in Prague and I ended up getting some of them tried out on me.  I managed to escape them all, as far as I know, which means that I feel like I've gotten the real Prague "Experience" and which also allows me to feel superior for not having fallen into their traps.  Folks kept trying to sell me transport tickets--which is, as far as I know, is both illegal and fraudulent.  Apparently I appear either too nice or too credulous.  I didn't buy any of them, though, and could say, with perfect honesty "I don't need that, thank you".  That's another good reason to have a transport pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment