Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am still alive!

Mostly, at least.  I have a mid-term exam for my Dutch course this evening, so I am studying furiously for that.  This is also the last week of classes for my Block 1 classes so we are doing all sorts of fixing up and getting ready for last papers and finals.

On a happier note, I have a thesis topic now!  Yeah!  It is very exciting as I now feel I have a purpose in life as well as a direction for my research.  I think that it should be interesting research and my adviser doesn't seem un-enthusiastic about it, so all is good.  Prima! or Fantastische! as we say in Dutch.

Just in case you are dying to know what you ought to ask me about when I get back to the States, my thesis topic (at least generally) is:

Political Expression by Reformed English and French Expatriates in the Netherlands, between 1570 and 1620.

Isn't it the awesomest?

No comments:

Post a Comment