Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wat ongelooflijk mooi weer!

The title of this post means "What incredibly wonderful weather!"  It probably deserves an extra couple of exclamation marks, just because it is sooooooo wonderful. !!!!!!

This is what Google says my weather is right now and what the forecast is for the weekend.  I have been here for two months (exactly, tomorrow) and I have never seen three little sunshines in a row before.  And, since I am from Minnesota and in the Netherlands, I check it every day.  Usually multiple times per day.  Sometimes we wouldn't actually get rain, and sometimes it would be sunny in between rain storms, and there have been a few days where there was some truly lovely weather but I just have to say that this is superbly wonderful.  And, since I base my view of perfect weather on a very few perfect summer days in Minnesota and consider anything above 75 or so to be unpleasantly warm, you should know just how amazing this weather forecast is, that I am this excited.

Look at all those little, unobstructed sunshines!!!!

This is what Yahoo has for my weather forecast (please note that it is not that cold, it is just in Celsius).  They spoiled the picture with an entirely unnecessary partially cloudy moon, so that is why they get second billing here.  Right now I can literally not see one, single, solitary, tiny, white cloud out of my window.  It is just blue, blue sky as far as the eye can see.

I guess I don't mind partially cloud night times if I can have all of those glorious little sunshines during the day!!!!


So, I am now leaving and going to find something to sit on (it will be hard--all of Rotterdam is taking up just about every bench and stoop that I saw on my walk home from school) and just try to soak up some vitamin D while the getting is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment