Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Hotel Benelux

My hotel is very close to where my apartment is, so I will be able to walk my luggage over with no difficulty. The biggest issue I will probably have with the move from the hotel to the apartment is getting my bags down the stairs here at the hotel.







The Benelux Hotel notes in its website that it does not have an elevator. Which was fine. I figured I could carry my luggage up the stairs if I needed to (although I was fervently hoping that I wouldn’t get a room on the 6th floor (7th floor American, because in Europe the 1st floor is the floor above the ground floor). I got a room on the 2nd floor so I only had two flights to carry my bags up. But what flights they are . . .

This is the flight of stairs leading from street level, where there is a café, to the first floor where the hotel office is.

 These are the stairs to the second floor, where my room is located. They are really, really steep. They are also really, really narrow. And really, really shallow. It is rather like climbing a ladder with a 50 pound bag.

 This is my room at the hotel.  It is tiny but it does have an en suite bathroom of sorts, which makes up for a lot.  The chair is folded up because when it is unfolded you cannot open the closet.  The room does have a TV but you can tell they feel kind of guilty about it because they put it as far out of the way as possible.






Dutch TV is funny because most of it was American TV shows with Dutch subtitles but with Dutch commercials.
My favorite commercial is a Burger King commercial which refers to the Whopper's "barbecue smaak" presumabely referring to its flame broiled taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment